Monday, February 28, 2011

2011 OSCARS - RED CARPET! - Best/Worst Dressed!!!

So it is that time of year again and New Yorkers have found another reason to go out drinking! YES its for the OSCARS!!! Bars all over the city are showing the oscars on their flat screens to attract customers and give them another reason to spend their money...and as usual...it works hahaha
Check out the red carpet outfits and let me know which one is your fave dress!







[The Look] Tuxedo Dress
[Reese Witherspoon]
[Princess Says] She looked gorgeous in the Armani Prive but...missing the wow factor... I do like her hair so...
I vote "Neutral"


[The Look] Hot like Fire
[Sandra Bullock]
[Princess Says] Hot sexy mamacita! Celebs are loving red this year and I love the square cut out at neckline! She looks smokin hot and its difficult to get it wrong in Vera Wang
I vote "YES"


[The Look] Sexified
[Scarlett Johansson]
[Princess Says] Wowwwwww in Dolce & Gabbana! She looked amazing...sexy hair, sexy dress, gorgeous color... check, check and CHECK! Stylist is keeping the job and possibly getting a bonus haha
I vote "YES"
[The Look] Glamorous Fashionista
[Gweneth Paltrow]
[Princess Says] Absolutely love the square cut out, love the glitz and glamour in this very sleek gorgeous SIMPLE Calvin Klein dress. Sometimes keeping it simple makes a HUGE impact!
I vote this as one of my top 3!


[The Look] Bedazzle me Fancy
[Amy Adams]
[Princess Says] As much as I LOVE bling and anything sparkly, I feel like we have been there done that... The necklace is too much...too much going on....too much coverage...too much of everything in this L'Wren Scott dress.
I vote "Go home to change" 


[The Look] Scarlet Princess
[Anne Hathaway]
[Princess Says] Always looking fresh and gorgeous - she looks stunning in this Valentino dress! The dress is a typical promish dress but she seems to make it alive and new. The color is WOW against her pale, flawless skin.
I vote "YES"


[The Look] Typical Greek Goddess
[Ashlan Gorse]
[Princess Says] I feel like I'm sick of this Greek Goddess look...give me NEWWWW! And whats with the suppppper long dress...get it hemmed PLS!
I vote "Not Impressed"


[The Look] Black Mermaid
[Busy Philipps]
[Princess Says] She kept it safe and she looks great! Not my fave but def nothing to hate on...
I vote "OK"


[The Look] Backwards Backless Dress
[Cate Blanchett]
[Princess Says] What is going on here??? Im so confused... is that the back of her dress and she didn't want to show off her goods so she wore something underneath?? Think about how gorgeous this would've been if she had worn this backwards! Sorry Givenchy...FAIL!
I vote "GO HOME"


[The Look] Wow in White
[Celine Dion]
[Princess Says] Anybody who tells me she does not look amazing is friggin blind! Again we have the simple cut with the WOW factor.
I vote "YES"


[The Look] Botox Much
[Cheryl Hines]
[Princess Says] No comment because I can only focus on her botox.
I vote "Lay off the botox"


[The Look] Boring Floral
[Cody Horn]
[Princess Says] Only when I looked closely did I notice the print on her dress were flowers...I'm not impressed...I feel like this is a terrible pick for sunny weather...and its old...looks like she went to an old factory in China and asked them to pick a stock fabric to make this dress...it doesn't fit well either...And those fishnet fingerless gloves...is she trying to pull off the "punk" look...Cause it just didn't work...
I vote 'NAY"

[The Look] Repeat of Amy Adams
[Dale Dickey]
[Princess Says] Did her and Amy Adams share fabric? Sucks to have a similar piece as someone else because you know the critics will eat you alive.. I have nothing to say except YAWN.
I vote "NAY"



[The Look] Old Porcelain Doll
[Florence Welch]
[Princess Says] Typically a porcelain doll is looked upon as perfect and gorgeous but here I find it to be boring and yellowing from old age... the skirt color doesn't match her top..love the hair color on her but don't love the messiness of it...
I vote "NAY"


[The Look] Swan Princess
[Hailee Steinfeld]
[Princess Says] So sweet and innocent! Love that this young girl's stylist kept her pristine, age appropriate and pretty rather than sexy in a custom Marchesa gown.. how can I say anything mean about a beautiful little girl? 
I vote "YES"


[The Look] Muted Glamour
[Halle Berry]
[Princess Says] I want to see more color - she looks washed out...Gorgeous Marchesa dress...but not for her...
 I vote "Neutral"


[The Look] Goth Queen
[Helena Bonham]
[Princess Says] It never fails....she is always the worst dressed...it looks like she went to a medieval costume store and picked out a random OLD piece... 
I vote "NAY"


[The Look] Ruffle My Feathers
[Hilary Swank]
[Princess Says] She has done it all in this dress, the bling, the ombre effect and the feathers - Love Gucci! But truly not a fan of this girl...wish someone else was wearing this dress... and add some diamonds on her neck...
I vote "YES" (just because she picked a good piece)


[The Look] Orange Pancake
[Jennifer Hudson]
[Princess Says] Yes she is proud that she lost weight but PLEASE do not show it off by flaunting your flat boobs and insulting a gorgeous Versace Dress! This dress is an eyepopper and sooooo hard to miss yet I don't even remember what it looks like because I cannot stop staring at her breasts! This stylist should be FIRED and I am also shocked that she let his happen...do people look in the mirror?
  I vote "NAY"
[The Look] Baywatch
[Jennifer Lawrence]
[Princess Says] This is a nice fit but OH SO BORING! Typical of Calvin Klein. I feel like she is wearing the gown version of Pamela Anderson's swim suit from Baywatch... Talk about putting no effort here...She is lucky she is hot... 
I vote "NAY"
[The Look] Jessica Rabbit
[Mallika Sherawat]
[Princess Says] Wowwwww loveee this dress!!!! She reminds me of Jessica Rabbit from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" - meowwwww missy...
I vote "YES"


[The Look] Granny Princess
[Mandy Moore]
[Princess Says] Please tell me what look she is trying to achieve here...I hate the hair...she doesn't look as gorgeous as usual and I barely recognized her!!! She looks old, washed out and just plain blah in this Monique L'Huillier dress
I vote " NAY"
[The Look] Not so Sweetheart
[Marisa Tomei]
[Princess Says] I hate the neckline - not flattering at all - this ruins the entire dress... 
I vote "NAY"
[The Look] Bandage Sparkle
[Mary Hart]
[Princess Says] Love the BIGGER IS BETTER waist treatment and as usual I love the sparkles...its a little bit dark but I'll let it pass... She's in style..not my fave but she's in lol... 
I vote "OK"


[The Look] Peek-a-boo Lace
[Melissa Leo]
[Princess Says] Not quite sure if she has anything underneath and quite frankly I don't want to know... I don't like the styling or the shape of this dress...looks old fashioned... Love the cut out, show skin idea but not the dress... 
I vote "NAY" 
[The Look] Sea World
[Michelle Williams]
[Princess Says] She looks like she is draped in a coral reef.. She is washed out, looks unhappy and I hate her pixie cut with dark brows...She's done better...Sorry Chanel...your dress looks like a disaster on Ms. Williams.
 I vote "NAY"
[The Look] Peek-a-boo Lace & chiffon!!!!
[Mila Kunis]
[Princess Says] THIS IS MY ABSOLUTE FAVE!!!! They continued to show her because she just looks absolutely stunning in this Elie Saab dress!! WOWOWOWOWOW!!! 
I vote "YESSSS"


[The Look] Turq Goddess
[Nancy O'Dell]
[Princess Says] I love the color, the cut is classic, the one shoulder is seductive and she has gorgeous bling on her ears...
I vote "YES"


[The Look] Glowing Mother
[Natalie Portman]
[Princess Says] Love the color but don't love the length of this dress and not particularly fond of the neckline..yes yes she is prego and not a lot of choice when your about to pop but... WRONG she has the world at her beck and call and could've done a teeny weeny bit better than this Rodarte dress... 
I vote "Neutral"
[The Look] Oriental Ice Princess?
[Nicole Kidman]
[Princess Says] I'm not fond of the Dior oriental origami look... and the red shoes are WAYYY too much for this dress... I just don't love it.. She's done WAYYYY better... 
I vote "NAY"


[The Look] Fire Bomb
[Penelope Cruz]
[Princess Says] Lets start with her hair...no shape, no styling, old fashion streaks.. who is her hair stylist??? FIRED! She's normally so absolutely gorgeous, in with the times and perfect...what happened? and the dress by L'Wren Soctt...not my fave so I have to say... 
I vote "Neutral"

3 comments:

  1. Great reviews. How do you know all this stuff. You have done your homework.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reposted on my site. Hope you see some results. I love it. great post. keep em coming.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your comments and your humor!! Scarlett Johansson's dress is my fav!

    ReplyDelete